Sunday, June 16, 2013

Manu is the true MVP of the Spurs!


There I said it so sue me.

It seems to me to have been true since 2005, Everytime Ginobili have a break out game the Spurs follows. It seems that their energy and passion flow through him. In this series (in fact the whole play-offs) Ginobili seem to have lost himself on the play. Averaging just 7.5 points on the series, questions lingered "Are you done?"


Even Ginobili himself seem to doubt himself when he declares he's open to retiring once the Finals is finished.

 ''Everything is a day-by-day basis, Once the season finishes and I see how I feel, I can't imagine me not playing at least one more year here, but time will tell. We'll see. Sometimes I do think about retirement, But then I say, 'No, no. I love what I do. I'm very lucky to be in a franchise like this. So I really can't picture myself being retired already."
''There's a small chance. It's not that I'm really considering, but I can never say 'no' for sure, because I sometimes consider it.''

In Game 5, Manu recaptured his game of old. Shooting 8-14 and finishing with 24 points and 10 assists Manu was Manu again. On the game's opening possession, he stepped back for a foot-on-the-line 23-foot jump shot. You knew he was on attack mode, maybe because of a sense of urgency that made him play this way, or maybe to quiet some doubters or maybe something to prove for himself that no I'm not yet done, maybe the move to the staring line-up helped. Whatever it is one thing is for certain The Spurs go where Manu leads them.

Extra: So much about LeBron James declaring "enough is enough". James did produce the numbers, but again the actual play doesn't speak for itself. Shooting 8-22 in the field, I don't think that is enough to win a basketball game. I don't like when players go declaring something and not backing it up (James already has his shares of boo boo declarations like the not one, not two crap). With their backs behind the wall, James needs to show his character as he said he wants to leave the game known as the greatest. This is the stage where you'll be judged LeBron and so far you are not getting any leverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment